1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Assistant SID, Mercer University

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Moderator1, Jun 26, 2008.

1. bigbadeagle

bigbadeagle Member

My youngest brother lived in Columbus and in Macon. He actually preferred Columbus, and has no use for tattoo parlors or strip joints. Not his style.

2. Scrubs

Scrubs Member

OK, Columbus may not be the worst town ever (it's still nasty), but it's close. Because the title actually goes to Phenix City, Ala.

3. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Macon is close enough to Atlanta to make the trip convenient (from Macon's north side you can be at Turner Field in just over an hour at the right time of day), a big enough town to have things to do without major metro traffic. You could pick a lot worse places to live, though local politics are not far removed from banana republic status. If that's a deal breaker, there's no reason you couldn't live in a neighboring county. If you can handle the hours this job will require -- to me, an SID's hours are much more problematic than the locale -- living in or around Macon shouldn't stop you from applying.

4. bigbadeagle

bigbadeagle Member

Well, Macon now has a mayor who doesn't pal around with Hugo Chavez, so that's a step in the right direction, as opposed to the last guy who was a walking CF.
    My lawyer went to Mercer Law School and seemed to enjoy his three years in Macon.

5. PeterGibbons

PeterGibbons Member

Or you could go get drunk and/or have sex on the dead Allman brother's grave!! Macon > Columbus

Draft saved Draft deleted