1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Assistant SID, Mercer University

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Moderator1, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Mercer University
    Assistant Sports Information Director

Mercer University, a member of the Atlantic Sun Conference is accepting applications for the position of Assistant Sports Information Director, to begin July 7, 2008

Duties include serving as the primary media contact for sports as assigned by director, including but not limited to soccer, women’s basketball and golf; writing, designing, and editing press releases, game programs, game notes, media guides, and other publications as assigned; communicating story ideas to local, regional, and national media outlets; and directing or assisting in direction of press row and game day media activities at various events. The work schedule requires weekend and night work as needed, as well as regular office hours. Some travel is required. This is a twelve-month position with a salary that is competitive and commensurate with experience.

Bachelors degree from an accredited university/college, preferably with a major in Journalism, English, Communications, or related field is required. Successful candidates will possess excellent writing and verbal communication skills. Familiarity with Word, Adobe Photoshop, Quark and Stat Crew is a necessity. Strong interpersonal, organizational, multi-tasking skills are required. Must have the ability to meet deadlines and work with a diverse population. Position will remain open until filled. Applications will be reviewed immediately. Selection of the final candidate is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.

Candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, work samples and professional references.

Interested candidates should apply online at www.mercerjobs.com. AA/EOE/ADA

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Is this in Ohio?

3. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Hotlanta. Nevermind.

4. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Might want to check again, mustang. I think Mercer is in Macon.

5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Yeah I checked the website it said Macon and some other place in Georgia. Instead of putting Georgia, I wrote Atlanta. Interesting; I haven't even been drinking.

6. Mahoney

Mahoney Member

There's not enough money in the world to make it worth living in Macon and working at Mercer. As an alum, trust me on this.

7. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

I know a couple of gal hoops players there.

And I still wouldn't take the job.

8. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Macon's only an hour or two from Atlanta, but it might as well be another universe.

9. Scrubs

Scrubs Member

At least it's not Columbus: strip club, tattoo joint, bar ... strip club, tattoo joint, bar ... strip club, tattoo joint, bar.

10. goneup

goneup Member

But you could listen to old stories about Macon's old hockey team: Macon Whoopee. Really.

11. sgaleadfoot

sgaleadfoot Member

and you could also hear about how Otis Redding, Little Richard and the Allman Brothers got their start in Macon for the 10,382nd time.

12. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

For all the bashing about Macon and Mercer going on here....

Isn't a non-Tribune, non-Singleton, non-other f**king slashin newspaper corporation job worth giving high props. And for those who have been f**ked, give this or any of the jobs Moddy has been posting a hard look.

Thanks Moddy for posting this.

Draft saved Draft deleted