1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Assistant presentation editor/Sports in Victoria, Texas

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by bpoindexter, Jun 6, 2009.

1. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

Has anyone applied for either of these jobs?

=======================================================

I applied for the sports editor position. Got an email back saying they got a lot of applications and would be trimming that list for phone interviews. I used to work in South Texas, and I speak Spanish, so perhaps that at least gets me on the field.

2. esport12

esport12 Member

I heard they already started some phone interviews. That's about all I got.

3. BYUSportsGuy

BYUSportsGuy Member

I applied for the presentation editor position. Got a phone interview, and was told they have to hire a sports editor before they can choose a sports designer guy.

4. esport12

esport12 Member

So that must mean they're going to move pretty fast on the SE position.

5. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

::)

6. esport12

esport12 Member

anyone heard any movement on this?

7. BYUSportsGuy

BYUSportsGuy Member

Got an e-mail telling me that they're still working on the sports editor position. Once that's filled, then they'll start on this one...

8. esport12

esport12 Member

well in that case, anyone heard any movement on the SE job?

9. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

Not yet ... applied for the sports editor position two weeks ago and haven't heard back, except for an email telling me they couldn't open my resume or cover letter. Had to fax them. Hoping to hear something soon ...

10. BYUSportsGuy

BYUSportsGuy Member

Word from sources close the BYUSportsGuy say they finally made their SE hire today... congrats to whomever got this gig! Now we'll see who can get the assistant presentation editor for sports gig!

11. BYUSportsGuy

BYUSportsGuy Member

My sources say we have a winner on this one! This job was filled some time this weekend. Kevin Alexander, a Texas A&M grad from the Houston area, got the job. Congrats...

12. Runnin Rebel

Runnin Rebel Member

Your posts read like any breaking news piece out of the AP. I find it entertaining.

Draft saved Draft deleted