1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Assistant Managing Editor-SportsBusiness Daily

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by BillM, Jul 15, 2008.

1. BillM

BillM New Member

SportsBusiness Daily Assistant Managing Editor

SportsBusiness Daily has an immediate opening for an Assistant Managing Editor. This full-time position will be based in our Charlotte headquarters. The Assistant Managing Editor will work with Executive Editor and Managing Editor to budget, prioritize and edit sports business stories for Morning Buzz, SBD and Closing Bell. Position will also assign stories and serve as key point of contact for staff writers handling those stories. Will also help in newsgathering and assign searching and newsgathering responsibilities to staff. Other responsibilities include filing original reports and help training editorial staff.

Must be knowledgeable in sports business, have a strong news sense and have excellent writing, editing and copy editing skills.

If interested, please send resume to jobs@sportsbusinessdaily.com.

2. Good gig, except that you have to live in Charlotte

3. addendum: Nothing against Charlotte.... I didn't mean that as a bad post. ... I just mean I figured it was NYC or Boston. Never been to Charlotte and don't mean to rip it. I apologize up front!

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

And they have some weird hours. Workday starts at 7 am if I remember correctly and goes until 4 pm.

49 hour workweeks... not necessarily bad by journalist standards, but strange no less.

Draft saved Draft deleted