1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Assistant Managing Editor, CBSSports.com

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Editude, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Editude

Editude Active Member

This listing from CBSSports.com sounds interesting. I imagaine a few folks on the board have inside information -- and that others will apply:

http://www.journalismjobs.com/Job_Listing.cfm?JobID=1163992

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Primo Job - The Moddiest of Moddy Seals. Great people at CBS, I have worked with them. They recently moved into an excellent new office. The ME (Mark Swanson) and DME (Craig Stanke) are as top notch as any I've met. Be all over this one if it is in your weight class.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I've spoken with Swanson, and know Stanke a little bit through mutual friends. Both get a hearty thumbs-up from me.

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Two more thumbs up here. Good folks there. And, yes, be sure you know your weight class. Primo job to say the least.

5. 1HPGrad

1HPGrad Member

Could be an extremely interesting race between major metro SEs, recently laid off major metro SEs and former major metro SEs who recently took other jobs.
    Early favorites? No idea who is interested, but there are a couple in each category who wouldn't have to move too far.

6. Shifty Squid

Shifty Squid Member

BIG-boy (or girl) job, this one. Good luck to all who apply. I, like the vast majority of us, can't punch at this level quite yet.

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Work toward it and be encouraged that there are jobs like this out there for when you do get there. As many as before? No - but they're not totally gone.

8. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Just bumping this up, because it IS a good job, and don't want it to sink out of sight here. Carry on.

9. 1HPGrad

1HPGrad Member

Good thought SF_E, but I doubt it will attract much back and forth because it's above 99.99 percent of the SportsJournalists.com community. For those in the hunt, could be the job opening of the year. I'm certainly interested in the outcome.

10. Fran Curci

Fran Curci Well-Known Member

Are there any South Florida -- or even Florida --- sports editors who were laid off recently?

( Could be an extremely interesting race between major metro SEs, recently laid off major metro SEs and former major metro SEs who recently took other jobs. Early favorites? No idea who is interested, but there are a couple in each category who wouldn't have to move too far.)

11. 1HPGrad

1HPGrad Member

Yes in Florida, and two SoFla papers shuffled the deck. All within the past year.

12. 1HPGrad

1HPGrad Member

After consulting with a few others, AME is a bit of title inflation, so no metro SEs likely in mix. They're already above this level. If you're a copy desk chief at a metro, good opportunity. That should bring more people into play.

Draft saved Draft deleted