1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Asshat of the day, parent division

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by lono, Apr 16, 2009.

1. lono

lono Active Member

So Mrs. Lono and the Lonettes and I are on vacation at a Disney property this week.

Into the kiddie pool this morning walks a father in his early 30s with his kid. Dad has a fair amount of ink, which was OK until I see his back, roughly half of which is covered by a ginormous tattoo of an angel, on her knees, performing analingus (sp?) on a devil. It is remarkably detailed and clear. There is no doubt - none - about what the angle is doing.

While I support anyone's right to have such a tat - or any tat - I thought he could have showed just a little bit of class by wearing a t-shirt into the kiddie pool.

What say ye, SJ Nation?

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

That's cute, acting as if you don't know how analingus is spelled. And within how many seconds of your post did SC PM you asking where y'all were staying?

3. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

asshat, indeed. call me a prude but i would've complained to park management.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

But seriously, I would be doubting that anyone who would get a tat like that would really give a damn whether he paraded it in front of kids or not. But yeah, I would think a shirt would be appropriate in that context.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Oh boy. This should get interesting.

For the record...another vote for asshat.

6. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Just because:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I thought I was the only one in the world with that back tattoo

8. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

How about this one...
    Overheard at the laundromat on Sunday: "Yeah, I used to smoke Marlboro Reds, but I switched to Lights when I was pregnant."

I wanted to slap the shit out of her right there and then.

9. If he wore a t-shirt with the same thing on it in the parks, he would be asked to take it off and buy a park shirt. Tats should be no different. Problem is, if no one complains, nothing happens, and he knows it is likely no one is going to complain. Mostly because no one wants to be the one to cry to management, and he knows that too. As far as the cat tat, still laughing at that one.

10. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

Believe it or not, I've heard doctors say that it might be more dangerous to stop smoking once you get pregnant, and that cutting back is potentially better for the baby. It's obviously better not to smoke in the first place, but the shock to your system of quitting can harm the baby more than smoking throughout the pregnancy.

11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Better to go from smokes to chew. Dip in the final trimester.

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Dude should be wearing a t-shirt, and I say this as the bearer of tattoos.

Draft saved Draft deleted