1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ashton Kutcher replaces Charlie Sheen on Two and a Half Men

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, May 13, 2011.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I don't see this ending well...

But the show will get another 25-50 shows to throw into syndication and Kutcher will get $1 mil an episode.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Why don't they save the dough and just turn the kid into the lecher and drunkard? He's old enough now.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

It will be terrible and it will get huge ratings -- at first.

But it's a pretty genius decision. Kutcher has a big fan base and will promote the hell out of it.

And for Kutcher, it's a big pay check without too long of a commitment. Either way, the show's not going to be on much longer.

And, it's got to be one of the easier gigs in town. Though it was even easier for Sheen since he was just playing himself.

4. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

I can imagine the brainstorming session that produced this result: "Hmmm. We need a smug, smirking asshole to replace our batshit crazy smug, smirking asshole. Ashton Kutcher!"

5. Mizzougrad96

They're already saving almost a million an episode. Sheen still stands to make a lot of money from this since he's still a producer or at least still owns a portion of the show. Not sure which...

I get why both sides are doing it. Big money, easy gig for Kutcher, who is also a better fit on TV than he is on film.

For Lorre, the show is in syndication and a complete cash cow. Kutcher has a reputation for being easy to work with, so he's probably giddy. Also, Big Bang Theory is now in syndication, so Chuck Lorre is laughing all the way to the bank.

6. Mizzougrad96

It sounds like it went from Lowe to Stamos to Grant (WTF?) to Kutcher.

Was the next call going to Scott Baio?

7. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Hugh Grant. We had a story yesterday. Talks stalled on that one.

Is Kutcher final? (Not that I've ever seen the show. Morbid curiosity.)

8. Mizzougrad96

It sounds like it is...

9. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I actually think Grant would have been a great choice. He has a sordid personal life like Sheen - minus the crack.

Kutcher is awful. I can't stand him in anything he does. Smug little gopher dick.

10. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

I still vote for Ted McGinley

11. Mizzougrad96

I thought Kutcher was great on That 70's Show. I just loved everything about that show...

I'm trying to think how many of his movies I've liked:

Butterfly Effect
    Dude, Where's My Car? (guilty pleasure...)
    The Guardian

That's probably it, not that I've seen all of them, but his movie career is probably well below the Mendoza Line.

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Punk'd was a good show. But yeah, if he could go back to being Kelso, this could work. I suspect he is too impressed with himself and his fame to do that, though.

Draft saved Draft deleted