1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ashtabula (Ohio) Star Beacon

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by CarlSpackler, May 8, 2008.

1. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

That'd be the guy I know. Know where he's going?

2. CarlSpackler

CarlSpackler Active Member

Perhaps if you know him, you should ask him yourself ;)

3. Calvin Hobbes

Calvin Hobbes Member

Not sure where he went.

4. Biletnikoff

Biletnikoff New Member

Karl Pearson is strong, the rest of the staff is OK, but all they do is preps and local sports. Despite the fact that they are an hour from Cleveland, they take most if not all of their pro and college sports from the ABJ and the PD. It's right on Lake Erie, there is not much to do and it snows like hell, but it is not the armpit of Ohio. Been to Youngstown lately? Ever been to Steubenville???

5. mojo20205

mojo20205 Member

Youngstown is not quite the armpit....

It is the murder capital though.

6. Orange Hat Bobcat

Orange Hat Bobcat Active Member

Familiar with the area, only because I grew up a couple counties away and lived there for almost 16 years, but not with the section. Everything is pretty close to everything else in northeastern Ohio. Nothing is really the boondocks, so to speak.

For what it's worth, Ashtabula is also one of the handful of NEO cities mentioned in "Moon Over Parma," the original theme song for "The Drew Carey Show."

We met in Ashtabula, she was doing the hula,
    I handed her my radishes and pledged my love that night.

7. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

The position has been filled.

Not sure by whom, but I got a PM on here this morning saying I didn't get it.

Draft saved Draft deleted