1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ashtabula, OH Sports Editor arrested

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Justin Biebler, Aug 18, 2014.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

First comment:

Everyone in Jefferson needs to take a hard look in the mirror. I want to remind everyone of a situation that started in 1987 (we were sophomores and Don was 24 or 25), when Don started paying a little too much attention to a certain point guard on Jefferson's girls' team. Everyone saw it, but no one would step up and question it. No one said anything when Don was buying her beer, when she was driving his car, or when she was at his apartment. Most people can tell when someone is interested in their girl/boyfriend. I never trusted his motives.

2. gravehunter

gravehunter Member

So what are the "much more relevant" issues that we should be discussing? Or are you claiming that all sports journalists have committed the crime of sexual imposition?
    It seems to me that the sports journalists are responding to the facts that are relevant to them. If you want an open discussion on the sexual aspect, perhaps you should go pick up a copy of penthouse forum (do they still print that?)

3. Calvin Hobbes

Calvin Hobbes Member

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

5. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

One observation: Some of you have mentioned that Don seemed like a good guy.

I think that's pretty common among those who are out in the community looking to take advantage of teens or younger.

When I hear people talking about priests or teachers they know who were accused, it always seems like it was the popular ones.

7. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

My dealings with him were limited, but he really did see like a good guy.

8. Calvin Hobbes

Calvin Hobbes Member

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'm just glad to see the "no outing" rule isn't compromised by allegations of gross sexual imposition and child abuse.

We should all take great comfort in that.

10. Calvin Hobbes

Calvin Hobbes Member

Sarcasm font?

11. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

12. jojoblack

jojoblack Active Member

Without any context, why would you include that the newspaper's publisher resigned unless you're insinuating that it has some tie to the case?

Draft saved Draft deleted