1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ashley Madison

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ScribePharisee, Feb 9, 2009.

1. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

www.ashleymadison.com

"Join free and change your life today."

In these economic times, it amazes me the levels we'll go to to make a buck. While they're not dragging people into affairs, I'd like to see them look into the faces of children of their clients and say: "We're sorry we're trying to destroy your family."

And their ads actually sold during the Super Bowl.

2. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

1. This has been around for years, so it has nothing to do with the economic times.

2. It was my understanding that the ad was rejected by the Super Bowl and didn't run.

As for the site, it does indeed suck.

3. ScribePharisee

2) there was a link that said some viewers in Texas got it on their broadcasts...

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I watched the whole game and don't remember seeing it.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Another great Canadian success story.

This isn't a new company --it's been around since 2002--and from what I've read,the Super Bowl ads only ran in Texas which, coincidentally, is the company's fastest growing market.

The NFL turned down the spots which created more buzz than any ad could probably have generated.

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

This is most certainly a D_B. Stay tuned while I find old thread. About a year old if I remember correctly.

7. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/62656/

And I accidentally posted that link in the old thread and inadvertently bumped it. Oops.

8. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

I heard about this, but only before and after the Super Bowl when word got around that their commercial was rejected. I wonder if any of the employees have wives... ::)

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

A link to a post on a thread from last October about an entirely different subject is hardly a d_b.

10. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

It was mentioned on the thread. Like the 10th post. Couldn't remember why the site stuck out to me.

Turns out, I'm the one who posted it on there.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Or husbands

12. ScribePharisee

Ashley herself, perhaps?

Draft saved Draft deleted