1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ASE, Miami Herald

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Claws for Concern, Oct 20, 2006.

1. Two new jobs in Miami, folks. Sunday editor is leaving, and lead baseball writer also.

2. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Outing alert: cityemployee is busdriver!

3. waterboy

waterboy Member

Who and where to?

4. I've heard all positions are frozen. Anyone hear differently?

5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Last I heard was that positions were frozen.

Lead baseball writers are Kevin Baxter and Clark Spencer.

6. Baxter to L.A., Sunday editor to Newark.

7. It's a very demanding place to work, more than what I wanted to have for the kind of balance you need in your life. The management there was less than what I was expecting at a place like the Herald. I suppose I thought it would be a superior place to work, and yet it was not. The management "team" is not receptive to new ideas, and yet they should give them a listen once in a while.

And the people in Miami are so rude and crude. I was so offended just trying to conduct business wherever I went. If you can find someone who speaks English, Good Luck!

Good paper. Bad experience. Bad management in the newsroom, and that was the final straw for me.

Apparently no one cares about people in Miami, it's just all about the money or whatver. I was surprised to find that mentality inside the Herald, where they don't treat their people well. I gave up, and then I left. They don't miss me, and I don't miss them.

I miss the people, though. Hi Brenda!

8. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

Isn't that the norm in journalism these days? It's all about the $

9. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

That's funny SouthernBelle, 'cause most of Southerners I've met can't speak English either.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

y'alls gwan get it.

Draft saved Draft deleted