1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ASE, Miami Herald

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Claws for Concern, Oct 20, 2006.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure that boots is neither a publisher nor a member of the board of directors of a media congolmerate.

2. Editude

Editude Active Member

We did the checking of names/jockeys at another big shop a while back. Can't say I miss that task.

3. PHINJ

PHINJ Active Member

I wasn't referring to boots.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Well, boots is arrogant anyway.

6. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

um ... so ... who's the new ASE in Miami?

7. boots

boots New Member

I have nothing but love for you Ace. Nothing but Love.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

:-[

9. MGoBlue

MGoBlue Member

Interesting posts and view of the Miami Herald since I last checked.

While none of my above comments have changed, I would like to add this ... After watching editors work hard at The Herald (and they do, and I rarely saw unhappy people) and now the Palm Beach Post (where again, most are happy doing what they do), I think work at both major dailies are cake compared to being the wire editor/photo editor/designer/headline writer/copy editor day-in and day-out at a mid-size paper.

Talk about busting ass ... there were some shifts where I was never able to check my email.

Not saying the work is easy and the hours aren't long (it isn't, and they are), but I still can't shake the feeling of the good fortune that I've stumbled onto down here.

Give me the major dailies and your "war" experiences any day of the week, and twice on Saturdays.

10. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

It wasn't "war," laddie. A great former deputy used to call it Arma-fucking-geddon.

11. boots

boots New Member

And that was on a good day.

12. powerplay

powerplay Member

Back to the original purpose of this post, the last I heard the ASE position among others have been frozen by new ownership for now.

Now please continue -- and for my two cents, shittyemployee is the King of the fucktards.

Draft saved Draft deleted