1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ASE, Garden City (Kan.) Telegram

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by clancy brother, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Chef

Chef Active Member

ditto what creole and ER said.

Riggs is one of the good guys, the ME is first class, and Adame is very good as well.

pm me if you want some more info. on the town.

2. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

body by mangino might be my new favorite screen name on this site.

3. Writer33

Writer33 Member

Handsome, I trust your sincerity, but I've always found the argument that someone doesn't know what they're talking about or is being less than honest based on their post count to be kinda lame.

4. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Just saying the timing of this guy starting his post count seems awfully ironic.

Believe me if you want. Take a chance and you will regret it.

5. Writer33

Writer33 Member

I understand.

6. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

I don't want to get in a pissing contest because I have friends in and out of Garden City. So I will refrain from commenting further unless PM'ed.

7. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

There are worse places to work.

There's also all the beef you can eat and some decent Vietnamese food there, too.

And, like most papers of the Telegram's size, it can be what you make it. Do good work and you'll do well. And then you can move on to some place that's closer to Lake Tahoe.

8. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

PHO HOA!!! One of the most underrated eateries in GC.

9. Chef

Chef Active Member

Or as me and the kid call it......"poodles and noodles"

Me and kid hate it........mama loves it.

10. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

I never worked for Tony Adame so I cannot say what it's like to work for him, although the brief times I have run into him he seems like a pretty good guy. But I do know Brett Riggs is the kind of ME (and person) most papers would kill to have.

11. Gorndawg

Gorndawg New Member

I've never worked for Tony or out in Garden City, but I know people who have. Granted this is secondhand information, but from what I know, the Telegram is a good paper where someone new can get his or her feet wet and learn the basics of how to cover sports. I've also never heard any complaints from people I know who worked tor Tony. I don't know what Handsome is talking about, but the times I've driven through there, it seems like there are far worse places to be.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Not true. Seems like most people who accept jobs there stick around for about two years before they choose to move on.

Draft saved Draft deleted