1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ASE, Cape Girardeau, MO

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Bristol Whipped, Jan 11, 2007.

1. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Meth capital of the world.

2. Lollygaggers

Lollygaggers Member

I have been there many times, and have to agree that it is a nice place to live. But you do need to stay away from the meth, though that's just about anywhere in Missouri.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i wasn't calling it a hellhole, but, in the same breath, it's no tahoe, either.

4. biggerthanlashley

biggerthanlashley New Member

Any more here?

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

you're hired.

6. Toby Carrig

Toby Carrig Member

I intend to post an update when we've made a hire and notified all those involved in the process.
    I would like to give more information about our progress but I don't think that would be fair to our applicants.
    Thanks for the interest in what I think is a good opportunity, and my thanks to those who have expressed kind words.

7. boots

boots New Member

Word off the boots pipeline is that a hire has been made. Details to come, perhaps from Toby.

8. Toby Carrig

Toby Carrig Member

Kevin Winters Morriss will be joining the Southeast Missourian sports staff later this month as the assistant sports editor.

Kevin graduated from Loyola University in Chicago in 1999 with a bachelors degree in political science and theology, and in 2006 he received his masters in the newspaper, magazine and online program from the Newhouse School at Syracuse University.

In between those stops, he was a sports reporter and copy editor at the Wausau Herald in Wisconsin for four years. He also served as assistant sports editor and later the acting sports editor for Wausau and three other Gannett publications in Wisconsin before attending grad school.

9. Congrats, Kevin. And thanks, Toby, for the update. I hope everything goes well for all involved.

10. boots

boots New Member

Once again, the mighty boots pipeline broke the scoop. Never doubt the effectiveness of the boots pipeline.

Draft saved Draft deleted