1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ASE, Anderson, SC

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by fmrsped, Nov 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

i was waiting for this post.... and so disappointed.... damn.

2. Yankee

Yankee Member

Hoops, you are all too familiar with the "leadership" there as well.

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

No. Wait. Somebody pretty please PM if you want to know about this job. I. Swear. I. Am. The. One. To. PM.

4. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

Don Kausler is a fine line editor.

5. Yankee

Yankee Member

If Kausler cares so much, there's one sure way of making the section better 10 times over and he's yet to do it in five-plus years of being there.

6. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

Like I said, Kausler is a fine line editor.

7. I'll never tell

I'll never tell Active Member

Anything new? any moving?

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

How so?

9. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

I was going to address this earlier when Leo brought it up, but laid off. ... The EE has a knack for hiring a) Missouri graduates, b) victims of the Post-Herald crunch or c) local folks who would be cheap to bring in. I know a) is a personal preference. B) may be a mandate fom Scripps. c) well, as DyePack says, if everyone else is doing it, it must be OK, right?

Their Clemson guy is a former Birmingham guy, a couple of news side people are Birmingham castoffs and it sounds like their new ASE might be as well.

Either way, lately, it's been seemingly difficult to get a look if you're an outsider.

10. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Looks like this one is a sneeze away from being filled.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I've heard that...

12. Yankee

Yankee Member

Heard it has been filled by the former SE at the Birmingham Post. That should make for some interesting newsroom conversations and cause for some sweating, especially since the current SE had nothing to do with the hire and didn't even meet the new ASE on his two-day interview. Ouch!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.