1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ASE, Albuquerque Journal

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by hungryhungryhippo, Jun 5, 2006.

1. From JournalismJobs.com

Company: The Albuquerque Journal
    Position: Assistant sports editor
    Job Status: Full-time
    Salary: Not Specified
    Ad Expires: July 10, 2006
    Job ID: 645466
    Description:
    The Albuquerque Journal, New Mexico's largest newspaper, has an opening for an assistant sports editor. The job's duties include determining content and story placement, editing and some writing. The Journal is seeking a creative, high profile assistant editor who enjoys getting out to events and meeting the people who make the news in the area. Send a cover letter and resume to sports editor Sam Aselstine at saselstine@abqjournal.com by June 9 or mail them to him at Albuquerque Journal, 7777 Jefferson NE, Albuquerque, NM 87109-4343.

2. Flash

Flash Guest

If I thought for a second they'd hire a Canadian, I would apply in a heartbeat. I was in Albuquerque for a couple of days in April and I thought it was a fantastic city.

3. pallister

pallister Guest

Can Canadians not work in the U.S. without special papers?

4. Flash

Flash Guest

Journalism is not one of the NAFTA trades. The editor would have to prove he/she cannot find an American equally as qualified and able to do the job.
    It would be a lot easiser if I could just find some poor Yankee sap to marry me.

5. pallister

pallister Guest

Wow. Did not know that.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

And it's the same problem situation with American journalists going north.

7. Flash

Flash Guest

This is true. I did actually ask my boss about hiring someone out of country and he said it would be too much hassle.

8. Editude

Editude Active Member

Lovely part of the country. If only it had baseball. :-\

9. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

What's wrong with the Isotopes? ;)

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

11. Flash

Flash Guest

Go Cannons.

12. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

I will always be bitter against the Cannons. They spolied the 1995 Dukes' chance to win the first-half title. ABQ lost to Calgary on the last day of the first half. Chan Ho Fucking Park got shelled. This was when the Cannons were in last place. Dammit.

Draft saved Draft deleted