1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ASE, A.P. -- N.Y.C.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Igor in CT, Apr 17, 2007.

1. Joe Bloggs

Joe Bloggs Member

Good things??? They lied. Ask 98 percent of the people who've worked directly for her ... in the same office. Being a columnist or writer living 1500 miles away doesn't count.

2. McNuggetsMan

McNuggetsMan Active Member

It's not paying 100k. Good money, certainly enough to live in NYC but not 100k.

3. Re: Terry Taylor. Sometimes a take-charge woman is automatically seen as hard to work for/with. And that's not fair. Or right.

4. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

So has this job been filled or have potential candidates been scared off?

5. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

True. But most people earn their reputations quite fairly.

I haven't seen if this has been filled. I had heard AP had a freeze, but that was before this was posted so I guess it's thawed now. Seems like that was a long time ago.

6. McNuggetsMan

McNuggetsMan Active Member

I know women who write for the AP who think she is awful to work for as well. Her reputation isn't just sexism.

7. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

The job has been posted three or four times.

8. Joe Bloggs

Joe Bloggs Member

That's true. When that happens, it isn't fair or right. I'm a big fan of take-charge women. BUT from what I've heard from multiple sources, that's not the case here. She's simply insufferable with no ability to motivate staff. When there's a revolving door in the two management positions under you, as well as the staff you're in charge of, you're a bad boss regardless of gender.

9. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

Well, there have been tons of AP openings in the past 6-12 months, and this job doesn't seem to be getting filled.

10. sportsnut

sportsnut Member

I would think AP could find someone quick. Specially being that they are the AP and I thought people would love to work long hours for little pay.

I sent my stuff in for a few.

Taylor has been great to me the few times I have talked to her. Maybe she is different when you don't pay a fee and she signs your paychecks.

11. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

It's been open since November, so I'm guessing folks aren't exactly banging down the door to get in.

Draft saved Draft deleted