1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

As Mustain Turns

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JayFarrar, Dec 13, 2006.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The alleged quote from Broyles about how the experts told him Malzahn's offense wouldn't work is strange to me. Who were these experts?

2. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

This is hilarious. How these parents get these arbitrary numbers in their heads and then start citing them constantly, as if they're Rainman. "Yeah ... 60 catches ... definitely 60 catches ... maybe 59 ... 59's acceptable with Heisman runner-up ... always wanna be a team player, definitely not selfish ... Yeah."

3. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

I read that story in the local rag...said some parents were going on job interviews and peppering potential employers with questions. I couldn't get over that crap. You talk about something that would run off any halfway right thinking business.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

You have to love people who complain after the school has its best season in decades...

What jerkoffs...

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Mustain rejects Tennessee fairly late in the game to go to Ark...think maybe he's regretting that now that Cut's turned Ainge around???

6. Bubba Fett

Bubba Fett Active Member

Makes you wonder if Nutt would be interested in the Bama job just to get away from those nuts.

Oh yeah, they're even crazier in Tuscaloosa.

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Of course, this is the same generation that was brought up on the "no one ever loves in the game of life, Jimmy" shtick.

So few years' difference, such different morals.

8. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Anyone read this quote from that story?

"You need to get control of your team, Coach. Arkansas football is about much more than you or Mustain or anyone else. Remember that. Be humble, always.
    And if you can’t, then perhaps its time to step aside for the good of the program."

Oh my God, fanboy. Last season was Arkansas' best in YEARS. Fucking years.

9. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I think the purpose of the meeting was fair. But it should be the athletes doing the talking, not the parents. Geez, grow up kids.

10. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

No.

Grow up, parents.

11. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

First domino in this mess falls - WR Damian Williams to transfer...

http://www.todaysthv.com/news/news.aspx?storyid=38618

12. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

OK, I know how bad this sounds, but from the perspective of a viewer...

Why was Mustain pulled? He has an interception in the first series of a game and he was pulled. I haven't kept up on any reasoning provided for it, so if there was an explanation, if someone could give it to me, that would be wonderful.

I agree with others here that it should have been the students meeting with Frank Broyles and not the parents. If that had been the case, I could understand some of the concerns regarding Mitch Mustain. Again, I haven't kept up on the reasoning except for what was said during the game about Nutt wanting more experience in the position.

Draft saved Draft deleted