1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Artie quits Howard Stern, (tries to) beat crap out of assistant...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by GBNF, Apr 10, 2008.

1. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Dead within a week or month. This man is not right.

2. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

The reaction of a friend of mine who is a Stern nut: "Without that show, Artie will be completely off the entertainment map in two months and dead within six."

3. Sleeper

Sleeper Member

Well, here's a brief rundown:

-He admitted to using Heroin last year. Claims to have since quit, but it's hard to believe he's not doing something.

-He's ballooned to 300 pounds while eating like a pig. Check out his latest appearance on the Donny Deutch show on YouTube. He looks horrendous.

-He can barely stay awake during the show. Twice Howard has actually let him take a nap while the show is going on.

-He misses work all the time despite the fact the show is only broadcast four days a week.

It goes on and on. In the last 3-4 months his mood and humor have gotten uglier and angrier. A lot of stupid racial jokes and gay jokes that aren't funny and that he's better than. It's a real shame because Artie can be a funny dude. But he's destroying his career and slowly killing himself.

4. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

Ho-lee-crap.

I just re-watched the Entourage episode from Season 4 when Artie guest- stars, and he looks NOTHING like this...

That's so sad.

5. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Artie, I think, was an attempt to reach out to that Gen X demo that also likes Carolla, Kimmel and Silverman.

Never really liked the show as much after Jackie left. Don't know if Stern would see it as swallowing his pride if Martling came back now.

6. pallister

pallister Guest

Whatever happened to Fred?

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Fred's still around. He's just the old, weird uncle now, and he doesn't get as much air time since he doesn't have Jackie to fight with.

8. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Holy shit, I just watched that Deutsch clip, and I don't think I've seen Artie in about 100 pounds. Listening to him, that's just a dude trying to die.

9. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

Yeah A-B, he's really crashed. I pity a guy like that - has so "much" but so little self-worth. Man, that sucks.

10. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

It's kind of sad listening to this ... Howard even is saddened, and he never seems to show that emotion.

11. Chef

Chef Active Member

Artie just moved into my Top 5 on my Death Pool.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

They actually made an Artie Lange dead pool reference on one of the CSIs...

This is the same guy who a prankster convinced a bunch of TV shows that he died in Vegas several years back...

Artie is a walking train wreck, but he's great on the radio...

I read somewhere that he made more money as a touring comic last year than everyone but Larry The Cable Guy and Katt Williams...

Draft saved Draft deleted