1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Artie Lange on Cold Pizza

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dignan, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Lange and McDonald were pretty funny in Dirty Work, particularly when they fill the cars with dead hookers during a live commercial for an auto dealer...

Owner (played by David Koechner, BTW): These cars are loaded.
    Norm: Yeah, they're loaded with dead hookers.

2. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

"Yeah, it's me.........Neal."

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Dirty Work is seriously underrated... The scenes with Don Rickles are the best...

4. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

The ones where Rickles freestyled the insults?

5. Mizzougrad96

Look at you, you baby gorilla...

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0453453/business

That's some passionate fan base.

7. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Artie Lange is one of the biggest reasons the Howard Stern Show went from being an entertaining conversation show with multiple contributors to being Howard and a bunch of sycophants spouting off about how great he is.

Artie replaced Jackie. When Artie came in, Fred got a lot quieter. That's an uneven trade, to say the least.

Does Artie have his moments? Absolutely. Did his arrival coincide with the show's descent into mediocrity and constant Howard-stroking?

Absolutely.

8. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

As much as I like the Baby Gorilla, the preview for "Beer League" was terrible.

9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I have written this before, but the show used to be Howard as first among equals. Once he got divorced, he felt more comfortable with people who were subservient to him. Artie, like any guy about my age, grew up listening to Stern, so naturally, he is going to be more deferential. He's a heck of a lot better than Sal, Richard or Ralph.

10. The Q Man

The Q Man Member

I thought the preview for Beer League looked absolutely hilarious. I'm eagerly awaiting its opening in the Midwest (if it makes it here). Of course, I'm low-brow, so that explains a lot of it. Here's the preview:

11. Mizzougrad96

They pulled the wide release of Beer League. It's on DVD in January...

I couldn't care less how his films do. Andrew Dice Clay is the most successful comedian of the last 20 years (Based on $$$ figures, that's a fact, not an opinion) and his film career is a joke...

Aside from a scene-stealing turn in Dogma, is anyone going to remember George Carlin for his movie career?

12. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

I was in Vegas a couple of years ago, the same week that Stern was taping his show out there. One of the TV stations went on the air and reported that Artie Lange was found dead in his hotel room. Lange joked about it.

Draft saved Draft deleted