1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Artie Lange on Cold Pizza

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dignan, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Apparently, you're not a Stern fan...

2. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

fixed

3. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Well said.

4. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Artie Lang is a riot. Today he was talking about slow-pitch softball, and he admitted that the most embarassing moment in his life was when the softball team compiled of workers from Norm MacDonald's short-lived sticom lost to "Suddenly Susan" 15-1.

Yeah, he looks homeless. But he's fucking funny.

5. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

By the way, I'd take the 1st-and-10 with Artie Lang and Mike Golic over Woody and Skip.

6. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

Lange is hysterical.
    Anyone hear his recent admission about being hooked on heroin?
    Powerful stuff.

I'm not ready to call him the next great comic, but he's got a passionate fan base, and my guess is you'll be hearing a lot from him in the coming years ...

7. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Artie Lange is a fat dumpy drunk and a lewzer. The last time he made anyone with a brain laugh was when he was googling and shitting in his crib. I loved the old Stern show but he ruined it. He sucks and he ought to be selling groceries on the upper west side, which was his calling before someone persuaded him he had actual talent.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

He's great... He's one of the best storytellers around and he's the best reason to listen to the Stern show and that's from someone who grew up listening to Howard...

He's a loser... That's why seats to see him headline at Carnegie Hall are selling for $750 a pop on eBay...

The guy is a fucking riot...

9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

He's a jackass former longshoreman, king among those, and acts like one, and he'll go down as being nothing more than Howard's testicular barnacle. Keep sucking.

10. standman

standman Member

You are so right. I didn't make the movie to Sirius but my wife and I both miss Artie and his stories. I put Artie on my tab just to keep him around for the stories. My favorite is the Mad TV coke and pig suit story. I had to pull off the road because I was crying so hard.

11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I love Artie and think that he has a lot of talent. I would have loved to see him and the Jokeman on the show together, instead of guys like Sal and Richard.

Having said that, he's going to be dead in a year if he keeps up his lifestyle. He really is the poster boy for low self esteem.

12. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

Or sooner if Lee Jackson Beauregard has anything to say about it.

Draft saved Draft deleted