1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Artie Lange destroys Joe Buck

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Bullwinkle, Jun 16, 2009.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Meredith Baxter-Beerney plays a battered woman in...

And here is a batter. Barry Larkin steps in against...

That was hilarious.

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Great segway, your a regular fucking Bob Costas.

3. chilidog75

chilidog75 Member

How would you know that?
    The rest of the panel never had a chance to talk.

Either way though, it's probably the best thing that could have happened to Buck's show.

4. Sly

Sly Active Member

Hear, hear. I can't believe any of the clowns on this board are actually defending that unfunny drug addict hack. America today, indeed.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Yes, they did. They were terribly boring. Artie picked up the slack...and then some.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I think the theme of the thread is Mr. Moral Outrage shouldn't act shocked when Lange does his schtick.

7. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

No, the theme is if someone gives you gift-wrapped shit, it may be a gift but it's still shit.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

So describe Richard Pryor and George Carlin for me, or does your list end at Red Skelton?

9. Sleeper

Sleeper Member

Lange's self-destruction has ceased to be interesting on any level. Stern needs to fire him already.

I love the Stern show, but Artie is painful to hear each morning. He's good for two things: repetitive stories about being a junkie, and gay jokes that even high school kids roll their eyes at.

10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Very funny. Then Joe couldn't move along fast enough.

I don't think much of Lange either, but a good host can handle a loose cannon like that, play off him, keep it moving. Buck was fail. Here's my picture with Paul Rudd when we were 18? Who gives a crap??

11. chilidog75

chilidog75 Member

If only they would have kicked their feet up, lit up a cigarette, called Buck a fag and made a hilarious Tony Homo joke. Then it would have been the best segment in the history of television.

Again, Buck got what he paid for in this case. And any pub is good pub when you have a show that is that bad. But Lange hijacked that segment

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  12. Bears00

Bears00 Member

Put me the crowd that doesn't care about Artie Lange's "look how edgy I am" schtick or Joe Buck's crappy show. They are both dicks in their own special way.

Draft saved Draft deleted