1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Artie Lange destroys Joe Buck

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Bullwinkle, Jun 16, 2009.

1. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Member

Joe Buck's new HBO show debuted tonight and it was completely terrible and borderline unwatchable. Then, 45 minutes in, Artie Lange appeared as a guest to talk about "sports and celebrity" and, well, he sort of got off track and began acting like a complete asshole.

Then, Buck lost control of his show.

Pt. I:

pt. II:

Lange, after Buck says his favorite web site is TMZ.com:
    "What's your second -- suckingcock.com?"

Buck: "Is this (story) going to take a while?"
    Lange: "Yeah. Sorry to ruin your fucking great show."
    Buck: "I appreciate the apology, because you have."

2. shockey

shockey Active Member

it was epic! how could lange have been booked in the first place? what, buck said, "aw, he's a pussycat, i can handle him?" ??? ??? ???

play with a bull you get the horns. ouch..... :eek: :eek: :eek:

3. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Artie Lange insulting someone for being fat is amazingly delicious. And Joe Buck getting slapped around on his own show, god that feels good.

Artie: "Joe, it's exciting for me to be here. Not for you..."

4. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

It's been reported that Buck's real ambition is to host a late night talk show, so I'm guessing he wanted Lange as a guest to fatten his audition reel for the dream job.

5. schiezainc

Joe Buck the talk show? Awesome. I can't wait to watch something else while that's going on.

Oh, and tomorrow's Stern show is going to be fantastic.

6. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Member

Apparently the aftershow was even worse, though I can't imagine that Joe Buck would have gotten any more annoyed than he did when Lange started smoking on the set. Wow, too funny. And definitely not scripted.

Lange must have gotten completely blitzed before coming on the show, though for him that's pretty much par for the course. And yeah, the Stern show is going to be great in the morning. Can't wait.

7. schiezainc

Joe Buck seriously looked like someone shit in his Frosted Flakes. I can all but guarantee you Lange won't be making a second appearance on this program.

Oh, and over-under on how many times Lange calls Buck a "dick" on Stern tomorrow?

8. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Holy hell is that funny. Buck looked soooo pissed after Lange's comment.

9. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

OK, now that I've watched it, I'm less impressed. Lange isn't funny as much as he's just rude, which is typical for the Stern crowd. If you go on shows like this, there's at least an expectation that you're going to play along. If you're not interested in doing that, don't even take the booking.

I say that as a non-fan of Buck and his smarminess.

10. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Stern's guys don't have that kind of class. Buck's guys don't have that sort of instict, evidently.

11. chilidog75

chilidog75 Member

Not sure what Lange was trying to do there --- other than be a complete prick.
    He wasn't funny and he made the segment all about himself (which is laughable considering the guy that was sitting to his left is about 10 times as famous).

But oh well.

The show was pretty damn horrid the 45 minutes before Lange sat his fat ass down. At least the last segment will have people talking and watching youtube clips. Probably not a bad thing for Lange or Buck.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm sure Buck is pleased that the Brett Favre interview will be the second most talked about thing about the show.

Draft saved Draft deleted