1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Article on gas prices

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Jun 13, 2008.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

This is too much fun:

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/065/ripoff0065784.htm

2. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

The link stops at the cash register.

I'm not saying he's not factual; I'm just tired of the pro-oil excuse-making, bend-over-and-take it America and offer thanks afterward it didn't go deeper shit put out by these people. Solve the fucking problem. That's all I wanna say. Just solve it before your comrades ruin this country.

3. D.Sanchez

D.Sanchez Member

So to attack
    Y
    ... and who exactly is Jason from New York, New York? I wonder what connections he has to NAMBLA, BALCO and the Symbionese Liberation Army. Look, I'm not here to defend John T. Reed, never heard of him before today. His posting on gas raises some interesting points, with facts no one here seems willing to challenge. That is all.

4. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

A buddy north of the border sent me this one:

http://www.macleans.ca/business/economy/article.jsp?content=20080528_21002_21002

Scary, fuckin' shit.

Some dandy quotes include:
    James Howard Kunstler isn't one to mince words about what's coming. "The suburbs will turn to slums, salvage yards and ruins," says the author of the book The Long Emergency. "Expensive oil will thunder through the economic system cutting a wide swath of destruction."

AND

"Our way of life depends on freight transport and the whole thing is beginning to unravel," says Richard Gilbert, a transportation consultant in Toronto and one of the authors of Transport Revolutions.

AND

"I think people will look back on the 1940s to early 2000s as an exceptional period and it will seem very strange that people would fly off to Las Vegas or Florida for the weekend, or drive their kids 20 km to play hockey and take piano lessons," says SFU's Perl. "Some people are going to have to adjust every aspect of their lives."

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Leave it to the Canadians and Brits to write what too few here have the guts to say.

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

"I am the third revelation!"

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

So he's saying we'll turn into France?

8. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Zing!

We need to develop alternate viable energy sources. Oil's obviously not enough. The money we are blowing in Iraq should be focused on education, funding, and solving this problem.

Draft saved Draft deleted