1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Artest/Yao

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by GuessWho, May 1, 2009.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Hard not to like the Houston team, Adelman, Yao et.al - I didn't hear much about this team all year and yet I see them taking the Lakers to at least six games if not beating them.

2. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

This makes DanOregon my newbestfriend.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

With Circuit City among the great big retailers in the sky, I feel bad that Artest won't get the job he applied for.

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

5. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

This makes shameless Houston fangirl Lieslntx sad. :'(

6. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Wouldn't be counting your chickens too early there. Chicago, Indiana and Sacramento were all happy with him his first couple years there. He's really just following prior patterns right now: he's always a good boy his first season at each new stop, and generally waits a couple years before he really snaps and lets the crazy out.

7. SnoopyBoy

SnoopyBoy Member

Well, he's a FA at season's end, so he might not be back.

8. and as much as yall rag on him, there's not a team in the league that won't want his skillset and toughness. He's the only guy in the league that can slow down both Kobe and LeBron. And he can give you 25, 8 rebounds and five assists on the other end.

If not for his past, the guy would be considered an elite player, but that's what he is....an elite player

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

yeah, but he does have his past, too, which means he almost certainly is going to melt down/blow up/bail out when you can absolutely least afford it (see also Rasheed Wallace).

Draft saved Draft deleted