1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Art Shell fired

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Jan 4, 2007.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Al Davis must be rolling over in his grave.... oh wait, he's not dead. Nevermind....

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Good for Schefter... He's one of the best NFL writers around and I'm not surprised that he was ultimately proven correct.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Davis should just let Al LoCasale be coach once and for all. He's a scary looking dude.

4. RokSki

RokSki New Member

My first thought as well.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Al hasn't been with the team for a couple of years. Is he even still alive? There was something cool (and low rent at the same time) about the Raiders, though, with Al Davis and Al LoCasale sort of running things the way Tony Soprano and Silvio Dante run their team out of the back of the Bada Bing.

6. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

BC-RAIDERS-SABAN
    1st-ED, WILL BE LED

OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) -- Despite being seen with Al Davis moments after being introduced as the University of Alabama's football coach, Nick Saban said he is not seeking his third job in as many days.

"How many times do I have to say it to you?" he asked reporters as he hustled out of a Tuscaloosa, Ala., news conference wearing one of Davis' championship rings. "I'm totally focused ... on getting the job done here. And I am committed ... to getting the ... what Jimmy? Yes, I am committed to getting the contract done with Oa... er, the administration here."

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Norv Turner? Art Shell? What are they thinking out there?

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Krikorian used to have fun at LoCasale's expense, if I remember correctly.

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I'm personally not a huge Norv Turner fan, but there are plenty of people who think he's a good offensive coach, as demonstrated by the fact that he keeps getting work. And to his credit, San Francisco's offense was much better than anyone expected this year, and Alex Smith made pretty good strides under Turner.

10. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

Al LoCasale is indeed deceased, although considering the Raiders' recent hires, that doesn't disqualify him for the job.

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

That someone's willing to give them an NFL paycheck?

12. tommyp

tommyp Member

Is Rich Kotite next?

Draft saved Draft deleted