1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Art Shell fired

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Jan 4, 2007.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

So says ProFootballTalk.com

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

2. Kable

Kable Member

Art Shell to the white courtesy phone? That sucks & it's not fair. He only had one year.

3. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

Somewhere, Adam Schefter is smiling.

4. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

NFL football isn't baseball. You can't walk away for 10 years and expect the game to be played the same way you left it. When your coordinator runs an offense that was all the rage in 1985, you score 160 points. Art never should have been hired in the first place.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And drooling while chewing on a pen...

6. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

I seem to recall after Oakland's unbeaten preseason (Kansas City, by the way, was 0-4), some ESPN clown claimed "Art Shell has restored Raider pride."

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

W-o-u-l-d that be a current ESPN clown, or a departed one who is bigger than a bread box if you're looking from the side?

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Paging Joe Gibbs to the white courtesy phone?

9. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I had him in mind too.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Nick Saban and Jimmy Sexton to conference call.

11. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

APNEWSALERT
    BC-RAIDERS-NEW COACH

OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) -- Minutes after the firing of Oakland Raiders coach Art Shell, University of Alabama coach Nick Saban was spotted wearing a crimson suit jacket while walking into Al Davis' office.

12. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

... Although Saban didn't emerge from Davis' office until two hours later, he insisted that he had not spoken to anyone about the vacant Raiders job. "I'm not going to be the Raider coach," he told reporters. "And I'd appreciate you not asking me about it."

Draft saved Draft deleted