1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Art Schlichter f*cking up, once again...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Killick, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

... bilking people out of money, it seems. Might be time (or, way past time) to throw away the key.

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2011/02/05/former-buckeye-schlichter-suspect-in-probe.html

2. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

If he came to you with an investment opportunity and you didn't laugh in his face, you fail at life.

3. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

His is one of the saddest stories I've ever known. I did a big piece on him a while ago and it's truly unreal that someone just cannot avoid this addiction when it has ruined him.

4. 21

21 Well-Known Member

So Art Schlichter and Lenny Dykstra walk into a bar....

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

... sit next to Rumeal Robinson...

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

This is the truest thing anyone has ever posted anywhere.

If I had 70 billion dollars I had to spend by nightfall or else I'd lose it all, I'd burn it in a pile before I gave a cent to that fuck.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

[​IMG]

come invest it with us. We're looking for partners...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

and Denny McLain is wiping down glasses behind the bar.

9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

The story said he took advantage of a longtime friend, an older lady who had a soft spot for him. Awful.

10. Sad?
    A gambling addiction is one thing ... Swindling friends and old people out their money is another.
    Though anyone dumb enough to trust this guy after everything he has done and been through --- well, you get what you deserve and you can't really be surprised when it falls apart.

11. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Was Schlichter trying to run a scalping company?

12. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Frankly, I'm not surprised the latest victim appears to be an old lady. Among Schilchter's many, many previous transgressions is forging checks and stealing money from his own father.

Draft saved Draft deleted