1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Arrest Made in Erin Andrews Case

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ifilus, Oct 2, 2009.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Why guess? Go with something more concrete, for god's sake!

Mizzougrad talked to lots of people who told him it is absolutely true. The more Mizzougrad hears, the more he thinks that they are members of NAMBLA. :)

2. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

Easier than you think, especially if someone doesn't relaize Erin Andrews is famous (which isn't too far fatched for a lot of hotel clerks I've seen). Throw out some line about how you're a relative/friend/coworker and if they could put you next to her that would really be appreciated, and the odds are good some desk clerk cooperates. Happened to me with a psycho ex in New Orleans once.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm glad no one at ESPN was implicated, but I do know that people there had knowledge of the video months before any of us knew about it.

There were people here who said, "Oh, there's no way it was taken through a peephole." Well, guess what, it was...

And I'll go back the original thing I've been saying since this broke. If fucking ESPN doesn't send out a release acknowledging that it is indeed Andrews in the video, this goes away very quietly and while Andrews would know she has a stalker, the whole world wouldn't know that it was her in that video.

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Bingo.

Irresponsible, potentially damaging or hurtful remarks don't belong on a message board, anonymous or not. Post as if your name was attached, even if it's not.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Wow, on a thread about an arrest that pretty much proves the accusations you made were wrong, you actually have the zhutzpah to play the "I told you so" card about the peephole thing? Are you fucking kidding me?

6. Cousin Oliver

Cousin Oliver New Member

So the investigation and arrest wouldn't have gotten out if ESPN hadn't written a press release? That's bizarre.

7. Mizzougrad96

Accusations? There were several articles written where they said ESPN was investigating the cameramen.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I realize a desk clerk may not know who she is but I would think they would know she's part of a block of rooms that belongs to ESPN given that they probably use that hotel every time they have a crew in town.

I can't believe there isn't some kind of hotel policy requiring that they confirm the request with the other guest.

9. Mizzougrad96

They could have sent out a release saying they were looking into a stalker case involving a member of their on-air talent. Instead they sent out a release that resulted in tens of millions of people looking for and finding the video.

10. Mizzougrad96

Hey, a friend of mine is staying there, can you give me the room next to hers?

People a lot more famous than Andrews stay at hotels registered under their real names.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You were one of the ones suggesting that it was staged, but heaven forbid you ever admit that you were wrong. You'd rather hide behind this idea that you were only passing along shit that you had heard. Own up to what you write, Mizzou. You love to throw stuff against the wall. At least own up to it when you are proven wrong.

12. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

There probably is, but we all know employees who aren't too meticulous about following policies.

Draft saved Draft deleted