1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Arrest Made in Erin Andrews Case

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ifilus, Oct 2, 2009.

1. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

People put out a lot of theories based on the incomplete information that we had, and they were just that -- theories. Some turned out to be more accurate than others, but no one deserves to get blasted for being wrong, and no one deserves to say I told you so for being right. Most people were right about some aspects of it and wrong about others. We were all just guessing.

2. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

They sure did milk it. And I still shake my head at the intolerance some people on the this board show for those who don't agree with them. Broadway Joe, I couldn't have said it any better.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Bullshit. Anybody who accused her of staging the thing deserved to get blasted then and they deserve to get blasted again now. It is a terrible accusation to make, especially with absolutely nothing to back it up. And if I remember correctly, Tarheel was one of the ones who did it and can't even bring himself to admit being wrong.

4. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

"Those who don't agree with them" does not mean the same thing as "those who make up slanderous shit about Erin Andrews based on a gut feeling." I think you need to look into the meaning of the words you use.

5. outofplace

Just another poster trying to justify his or her own behavior by pointing fingers elsewhere.

6. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I have a theory that you and Broadway are members of NAMBLA.

Hey....... It's just a theory. I'm only guessing.

7. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

That courtroom illustration looks like it comes from a kid's book entitled "Why Is Daddy In Court?"

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. outofplace

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/71573/

From the locked thread. A couple of posts in, one of a few points in which Tarheel hints at an accusation that this whole thing was staged and points to all the attention Andrews got from being violated.

Shocking that Tarheel would now complain about posters being held accountable for their words. I guess I'm just a bully for doing that.

Luggy, to be fair, broadway joe was one of the people calling Zag out for making unfounded accusations on this thread. I disagree with his most recent post, but I don't think he was one of the ones unfairly attacking Andrews.

9. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

Thank you for pointing that out. I strongly disagreed with Zag's theory because it was far-fetched, given what we knew about the case, but it wasn't entirely implausible. We were speculating about a crime. One theory of the crime was that the victim might have been lying. It's not like that hasn't happened before (Duke lacrosse). It's also not like public figures never put out racy stuff on the internet to heighten their profile (see every celeb sex tape ever made.) I don't see why it's so reprehensible to put forth that theory. It wasn't pulled completely out of thin air, like Lugnuts' graceless attempt to make a point.

10. outofplace

See, I think it was pulled out of thin air. It is a very serious accusation and the fact that others have done such things is not enough to back it up. Also, it has been proven wrong.

11. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Broadway--

It's not reprehensible to put out an unfounded theory... But you've got to admit you were wrong-- something that's almost NEVER done around here.

Broadway, I wonder if your attitude would be the same if you or a family member were victimized in this way. I'm so sick of "blame the victim." And the stinky justification for it continues even when it's been proven she was not to blame.

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Some schmoe calls up and asks to be put in a room next to Erin Andrews and then asks that both rooms be located in a secluded part of the hotel AND THE FUCKING DESK CLERK SAYS, "SURE"?

How the hell does that happen?

Draft saved Draft deleted