1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Arrest Made in Erin Andrews Case

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ifilus, Oct 2, 2009.

1. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Well, Christine Brennan is back to looking not so great since, at age 47, I doubt this creep has seen the inside of a frat house in a few decades.

And FOX should be feeling pretty good about itself for publishing/broadcasting the work of a psycho.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Sean Hannity resents the inference.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

And Mizzou still hasn't admitted he was wrong.

4. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

So in other words, it WAS shot from the hallway and with a primitive (cell phone) camera system (as opposed to all the high tech tiny spy camers which were posted on here by the so-called tech experts) which those of us who saw it, said it was because it was so poorly done and there was so much noise - which is why it was so hard to believe nobody else saw or heard it or knew anything about it when it was being filmed.

And I still don't believe that nobody else in that hallway saw it or noticed it.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

There is a big difference between that statement and accusing Andrews of staging the whole thing, which is what Mizzou did and what you hinted at, Plop.

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Imagine finding out your kid's a celebrity peeping Tom:

His parents said they were shocked by the charges.

"That's not the Michael we know," his father, Frank Barrett, told The News Saturday. "He never talked about his extracurricular activities."

"We have no idea what to make of this," said his stunned mother, Lorene.

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2009/10/03/2009-10-03_man_in_video_of_nude_reporter.html

7. Charlie Brown

Charlie Brown Member

Doesn't this also blow the theory that dude thought he was getting vid of random hottie and only later learned her identity?

8. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Absolutely.

Also, was he doing this for money? Was that the intent?

What kind of modifications do you make to a peep hole with a hacksaw? Very strange.

But the fact that no one saw him or reported anything really isn't that strange. I'm guessing he just stood there with his phone camera lens aimed through the peep hole. If someone's coming, he just walks away. It's not like he had a video camera on a tripod with lights.

9. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

One of the press accounts says when he called the hotel to request a room next to her, the hotel went as far as to put them in a "private alcove" of the hotel where no other guests were staying.

So that would be one explanation for why nobody saw.

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I've stayed in that Marriott many times; usually, it's deader than a Chrysler car lot on a rainy Monday morning...except during Vandy football weekends, when it's packed. Presumably, that's when Andrews was there, so it's hard to figure how the perv had time to bust out the hacksaw and modify the peephole, etc.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

It might have only taken 30 seconds to modify the peephole.

I think we'll learn Andrews wasn't his first victim.

12. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

I agree. For the past several weekends, I turn on an espn college football game and who do I see working the sidelines? Erin Andrews! Shameless.

Draft saved Draft deleted