1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Arrest Made in Erin Andrews Case

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ifilus, Oct 2, 2009.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You know what made that a good piece of writing? The details. She didn't say that the guy was always around and that she was scared.

She put him looking through windows, sitting at press row, calling, leaving long letters. What people said to her.

Really powerful piece of writing and it was the specific examples that made it resonate.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

A TV reporter who used to cover the same NFL team I did experienced a bit of this. More than once she had a strange guy show up at her room door on road trips. She started using an alias and that didn't work. Then she started using an alias and switching rooms with the cameraman. After the "stalker" showed up at the cameraman's door and was given a bit of a scare, the stalking stopped.

3. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Yes, yes - especially how she did the 'reveal' with the therapist story. You're thinking it's going one way, then you get slapped with this twist.

But what I was left with was -- that guy is still out there. Terrifying.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Probably a sports writer, too.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Inside Edition reports that Marriott still lets creepy guys book rooms near hot women reporters: http://www.insideedition.com/news.aspx?storyId=3498

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Since I brought it up earlier, Christine Brennan wrote me back regarding my connection of Hamilton's column and her own comments to Erin Andrews. I don't think it is fair for me to share what she wrote, but I will say that I understand her perspective a bit more clearly. I still think she was at the very least careless with her initial comments, but her response to the initial furor does make a bit more sense to me now.

I just wanted to give credit where it is due and she certainly didn't have to respond to me at all.

7. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Barrett will plead guilty to interstate stalking.

Draft saved Draft deleted