1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Arrest Made in Erin Andrews Case

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ifilus, Oct 2, 2009.

1. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Arrest Made in Erin Andrews Peeping Tom Case

Posted Oct 2nd 2009 11:44PM by TMZ Staff

TMZ has learned an arrest has been made in the Erin Andrews Peeping Tom case -- the one in which the ESPN reporter was secretly videotaped walking around naked in various hotel rooms.

We're told 48-year-old Michael David Barrett was arrested at Chicago O'Hare International Airport for interstate stalking.

Story developing...

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2009/10/02/arrest-erin-andrews-peeping-tom-case-nude-hotel-room-espn-reporter/#ixzz0SqEOOx1j

2. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

She should sic Zambrano on him.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Dude's got issues.

[​IMG]

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Any minute now, the posters who hinted at her pulling some funny business because there was no movement in the case will jump right in and say they were wrong, right?

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

As several said on the now-locked thread, an investigation like that takes time. Good job by the cops.

I wonder if TMZ assisted cops with the investigation, since the perv reportedly approached TMZ about buying the tapes.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Guess that kills the theory it was an inside job too. If he worked at ESPN I would assume they would mention it in the story.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Story says the guy charged would contact hotels trying to find her. It seems like that would be confidential information, but I could be wrong.

EA should take a cue from the star athletes she covers: register under a false name.

8. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

I thought they reserved using first, middle and last names only for murderers.

9. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Saw it on Twitter 30 seconds ago and I posted it on the Christine Brennan/Andrews thread under the journalism topic thread.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Man, there sure were a lot of people throwing shit against the wall claiming it was fact back then.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It's a tough week for middle-aged scumbags hassling celebrities.

Glad for Andrews. I realize celebs get a lot of perks - but I don't know why some get immediate sympathy when bad stuff happens to them and others are thought to have brought the bad stuff upon themselves.

12. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Come to think of it, if it was someone from ESPN, Leather would have been at the top of list.

I was hoping it was Sean Salisbury so that penis-loving bastard can be locked up once and for all.

Draft saved Draft deleted