1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ARod is the AL MVP

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 93Devil, Nov 19, 2007.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3119020

NEW YORK -- Alex Rodriguez is headed back to the New York Yankees as the American League's Most Valuable Player.

A-Rod won his third AL MVP award Monday, easily defeating Detroit's Magglio Ordonez.

Rodriguez had 26 first-place votes and 382 points in balloting by the Baseball Writers' Association of America. Ordonez had two firsts and 258 points, and was followed by the Angels' Vladimir Guerrero (203) and Boston's David Ortiz (177).

No real shocker here. It was interesting where the only two votes for Magglio were deposited.

A-Rod should be the all-time leader in runs and RBIs before it is all through. He also has a chance at the HR mark and 4,000 hits, but one ring would complete it all.

2. casty33

casty33 Active Member

What an upset.

3. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Now I have to re-do my front. Thanks! I had the Carl Crawford MVP plate all ready to go.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

At least I got that one right.

5. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

Yep. The two Detroit-area writers look like big-time homers. Not saying they necessarily are, but they look that way.

6. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

ARod wins the AL. Great. Let's move on. Holliday or Rollins for NL MVP?

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Holliday. I was thinking about it on my way home -- or was it to work? Never-fucking-mind. I think Holliday will win it because he was more valuable to his team of unknowns. Yeah, it was definitely on the way to work ... I think.

Fuck it.

8. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I'm just going to assume they are until I'm convinced otherwise. Any other theories out there?

And Holliday.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

It's going to be a very good Holliday week.

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Active Member

I couldn't find an image of Pee-Wee Herman in the biker bar to go with this ...

(whispering)

"I say Prince Fielder ..."

11. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

If Holliday wins it, the main factor would be from the play-in game for the playoffs.

12. ...ESPN has learned.

Draft saved Draft deleted