1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ARod having hip surgery

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Ashy Larry, Mar 5, 2009.

1. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

That'll probably be what the Yankees will have to do, but in turn, their outfield will then suffice because then you need to figure out where to put Matsui AND Damon.

2. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

There is always the possibility of putting Posada at first, too. He does have some experience from last season. They could then throw Molina or Cash behind the plate.

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

So, if I have this right...

ARod's brother says the third baseman needs surgery. ARod's employer say he doesn't need surgery. Amazing, the communication between Tampa, the South Bronx and Team ARod.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Uhh...no. Even if Posada OKd such a move (forget it, he won't), you're weakening the team by sticking a complete offensive black hole behind the plate. The Yankees will be much better off plucking whomever is available, either as a free agent or via low-cost trade.

And Teixiera at third? After nearly six years at first? They got him to strengthen the infield defense at first, not to stick him at what is now mostly an unfamiliar position.

5. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

On an offensive standpoint, how productive do you expect Posada to be this year? Especially after coming off of major shoulder surgery. I give the guy all the credit in the world for his talent, especially over Cash and Molina, but there's a lot of question for him at the catching position.

While moving Posada is merely a suggestion, I do agree that picking up someone up would be the Yankees best move, but I don't really thing Posada is going to be any smaller of a "black hole" as you suggest than Molina or Cash will be.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

If that's the case, why bother moving him to first base? Not that it's going to happen anyway. I can't see the Yankees moving Teixeira.

7. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Yankees shouldn't and probably won't move Teixeira. Posada likely won't move, but he'll probably split catching time with Molina/Cash while serving as DH, too. There has to be someone the Yankees can pick up to fill the void at third.

8. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Texeira was a 3b all his life until he was drafted & they had Blalock, and he's a great glove at 1st. Nady is mediocre all over. Swisher's bat over Cash/Molina/Ransom that it's worth trying, not for Wang or Pettite, but maybe everyone else. If Posada doesn't hit better than Cash/Molinahe's useless & the Yanks are done. He was able to do that last year, with 1 arm.

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Most interesting part of story is that ESPN Desportes finally had something of interest. Usually they are known for disrupting morning Sports Center with those round Latin chicks giving soccer scores.

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Well, except their story was wrong.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Don't bother him with the details.

12. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

I guess this proves what has always been said about Steroids. Increased strength, vision and injury risk.

Draft saved Draft deleted