1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ARod having hip surgery

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Ashy Larry, Mar 5, 2009.

1. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

At least see if he can give it a shot.

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

ESPNDeportes was wrong.

Yankees are saying ARod has a torn hip labrum and may not need surgery. If he does need surgery he will miss 4 months.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AoGAHWhBZFrJE15yAWqyWWs5nYcB?slug=ap-yankees-a-rodship&prov=ap&type=lgns

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Nick Punto can play third. Make an offer!

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

It's going to be pretty damn funny if he breaks down and completely out before the postseason and the residents
    of Junkie Stadium proceed to sweep October.

Would rather not see that -- but would be amusing.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Dude, are you fucking insane?

What are the Yanks going to do with A-Rod after Punto returns? Make him a $300 million utility infielder?

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

With or particularly without A-Rod, The House That Arrogance Built will be dark in October.

7. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

My first thought when I heard hip was necrosis of - the most serious side effect of cortisone overuse.

Google "necrosis of the hip" sometime.

8. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

I'm not going to wade through several pages of this again to see if it's been posted, but I recall looking at the ESPN ticker earlier this afternoon and it saying that all available third basemen have been picked up.

The Yankees best hope would just be to fill from within.

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Well, except Yahoo is now reporting he doesn't need surgery.

And their best hope to replace him would be through a trade.

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Truth be told, my first thought when I heard hip in regard to A-Rod was "injection site."

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Teixeira hasn't played third since his rookie season. He played 15 games there for the Rangers in 2003.

Might as well try to move Nady back there. He played it in college. He has played third base in three major-league games, all in 2005 for the Padres. At least in that case, you still have Teixeira's glove at first base to dig out all those bad throws.

Draft saved Draft deleted