1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ARod and your Sunday paper

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Angola!, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

We have a pretty heavy local day as usual and are running it on our front. It's the lone non-high school story on the cover. Local NBA and NHL teams are inside.
    A-Rod should take precedence over all other pro copy IMO.

2. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

Definitely trumps all other pro sports. If you have all local, you just have to make a decision. I agree with what CU said.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

My shrinking section needs some of ARod's 'roids if I'm going to bump anything local off our cover for it.

4. awriter

awriter Active Member

I would guess it's it's the A1 lede in the NY/NJ papers, with sidebars and columns dominating the sports sections. For most other papers, I would think it's prominent on the sports front if not the lead story.

5. times38

times38 Member

we've got a ton of local stuff so it's going on Page 8 here.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i think it wouldn't be that difficult to find a place for it out front, even if you only run a mug with it. at least a few inches and then a jump.

7. pallister

pallister Guest

Ya, to give it a little front-page presence, a bulked-up refer with a pic would more than do the trick while not taking away much space from anything else on the page.

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Pun intended?

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

if it was, that, right there, was solid as hell.

10. times38

times38 Member

yeah we are teasing it.

11. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

Not sure how prominent it's going to be, much less the lead story, outside the Northeast. Many papers won't have it on the front at all, but every paper should make the effort. Nice tease certainly recommended if you're going all-local.

12. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Well, Seattle and Texas papers should probably think about it. Granted, I work at a Texas paper, but we have a lot of local going on.

Draft saved Draft deleted