1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Army Reserves

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KevinmH9, Jan 29, 2009.

1. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Anyone ever think about it or currently enlisted? I had a friend suggest to me that the Army Reserves may not be a bad deal because there are various jobs you can apply for that require no experience/full training; and, depending upon your length of enlistment, you can get assistance with your student loans, too.

With the thought of getting my M.S. in Sports Management on the side, this may be something I might consider.

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I was in the Guard for more than 10 years, and am now a part of the active component. Don't have much experience with the Reserves, however. I do know that the Reserves is made up of support elements. Human resources and logistics, for example, while the Guard is equipped with all branches (or jobs), including combat, combat support, combat service support and medical fields.

Draft saved Draft deleted