1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Army psy-ops unit used on Senators

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/another-runaway-general-army-deploys-psy-ops-on-u-s-senators-20110223

2. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Men Who Stare at Nancy Pelosi.

3. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

I could have sworn this was going to be about the Washington Senators. Only rational explanation for how they remained mired in suckitude.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I was not aware the army even had a Jedi Mind Shit division.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

And she stares back:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Curiously looks a lot like Anthony Hopkins' dummy in "Magic"...

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Well, since the Army isn't allowed to make large campaign contributions to Senators to get them to do what it wants the All-American way, it's got to do SOMETHING.

8. jackfinarelli

jackfinarelli Well-Known Member

Hope it's working better on the enemy in Afghanistan than it has on the Senators...

9. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

Wow. Maybe George Romney didn't deserve to be ridiculed. (old school political reference. Sorry.)

10. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Or Thomas Eagleton.

11. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

It works pretty well, actually. Locals think these things are mind control, but in reality they're just kick-ass cameras and weather sensors.

One of the FOBs at which I spent a great deal of time in the Zharey District was receiving indirect fire dozens of times per day until they put up one of these things. Stopped almost immediately. Not one rocket, mortar, RPG or anything else after the balloon went up.

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

I think the psy-ops have already worked on the millions of Americans who won't blink at $13 billion-plus this year alone to "train" the fucking Afghans, whatever that even means, but think teachers and other public employees are to blame for the huge fiscal crisis. [/crossthreading]

Draft saved Draft deleted