1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Armitage Outed Plame, So Says Associate

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Aug 29, 2006.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

There won't be a
    There won't be a hue and cry, because Armitage had the good fortune to adopt the media's template on being opposed to the war -- after, as was pointed out earlier in this thread, he was all for going in with guns blazing in 1998.

But then again, he was for the war when Clinton was president. He was against it when Bush was president, which makes all the difference for the media and libs such as Ace and Fenian.

2. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I worked with a guy once whose wife was an intelligence operative, in much the same sense that I think V. Wilson/Plame was in the latter part of her career. I knew who she worked for and I knew her general area of expertise, so I didn't really have to be Jack Ryan to make some general conclusions about her work.

This is not an uncommon thing when living inside the Beltway.

I also knew a guy who may have been Mr. Clark, for those of you who have ever read Tom Clancy. He was in the "telecommunications consulting" business but had camo uniforms in his wardrobe and always seemed to be going someplace -- Libya, Kosovo -- just in advance of the real action. I didn't ask too many questions.

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

When we have to fight, all I ask is that our side isn't directed by simpletons overly-influenced by
    the self-interests of their cronies. Is that too much?

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

And former intelligence aide to Senator Lloyd Bentsen's take:

http://www.consortiumnews.com/2006/083006b.html

The same people who bang the drums of war the loudest, are helping our enemies, by disclosing names. They are hurting our troops, by distorting our intelligence that is so essential to knowing when to wage war and how to wage it, when we must, and why to avoid it, when we can.

5. JR - do you have any idea how little weight that pulls?

Its like asking for analysis on Tiger Woods from the high school coach of a former college teammate of Woods.

Silly Canadians

6. Yes, as opposed to the military and geopolitical strategic geniuses at the top of this administration's food chain who planned the ongoing clusterfuck and decline to take the least responsibility for it. Candy and flowers, anyone. Last throes? Mission accomplished? Cakewalks?
    Oh, and just for the record, and to prove that we are newly conciliatory, we at FB World HQ will now refer to Karl Rove's as having "helped disclose the identity of a covert CIA operative," since, as you pointed out, there is no available evidence that Rove specifically leaked the name.
    Scooter, on the other hand, is on his own.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

ChrisL: the guy's former position carries as much weight as the right wing pundits who keep spinning this thing for all its worth.

Oh, and while we're on the subject of Fredo's Band of Merry Men, Olbermann energetically dresses Rumsfeld down for his historically inaccurate and intellectually vapid comparison of opponents of the Iraq war to those who appeased Hitler in the 30's. In fact, Keith turns the argument right back on Rumsfeld's lap.

8. JR - I have seen some crazy things in my life but that takes the cake.

According to Olbermann;

Bush = Neville Chamberlain
    Rumsfeld = Joe McCarthy
    The Bush Administration = a dangerous fascist threat.

Here is the actual text of Rumsfeld's speech - you tell me where he said something that was not true.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2006/08/facing_the_central_questions_o.html

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I would have changed this:

To this:

No one is more proud of those young people than their Commander-in-Chief. I know that President Bush is looking forward to being with you on Thursday.

We are truly fortunate to have a leader of resolve at a time of war. Through all the challenges, he remains the same man who sat in stunned silence for seven long minutes when informed our nation was under attack; the leader who told a grieving city of New Orleans that we will rebuild it and then went on to other, more imporant things; and the determined President who works every day to fulfill his vow to bring the enemy to justice or was it to bring justice to the enemy? I am never sure.

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

When did Keith Olberman become an expert on geopolitical affairs? Sometime after narrating highlights of a Titans-Jaguars game?

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Some time after Bush became an expert after he got blitzed before, during and after Rangers games 162 times each season.

12. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Well Rumsfeld was certainly wrong in making this statement:
    "And that is important in this "long war," where any kind of moral and intellectual confusion about who and what is right or wrong can severely weaken the ability of free societies to persevere."

Additionally, when was it that Iraq was a threat to the US?

Draft saved Draft deleted