1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Armitage Outed Plame, So Says Associate

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Aug 29, 2006.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

One is getting the scoop on an MLB story that's unraveling in a court case, which papers do all the time. The other is an act of national treason. Big difference.

2. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Gravity. Not just a good idea, it's the law.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

So, now that Valerie Plame is outed and Brewster Jennings has been exposed, who's our intel source in Iran now?

He has to be called "Slider" because "Curveball" is already taken.

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

No, there was a lot of substance...just not anything in lockstep with your take on the issue, therefore, you say there's no substance.
    Fenian's definition of substance: Anything anyone says that is in agreement with everything I say.

5. Don't forget - if you don't agree with him you are making the baby Jesus cry.

I think it would be an understatement to say that Fenian holds himself in very high regard.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

As opposed to someone who thinks the world might be interested in his BLOG!

7. The world? No.

But I do enjoy jotting down my thoughts and opinions and the blog gives me a place to share them. I get about 500 visitors a day - so its not like I'm yelling at the ocean. I have a group of people who are regular visitors and who may not agree with what I write but enjoy the way in which I present it.

You too must think others are interested in your thoughts and opinions - otherwise you wouldn't be posting here. I find it a bit hypocritical for you to castigate me for having a blog when you are basically doing the same thing here. Then again hypocrisy seems second nature to some of you - so I'm not surprised in the least.

8. I think it would be an understatement to say that the moon somehow has passed once again into the House of Intellectual Insecurity.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So the theory is Colin Powell had his boy Armitage do the deed to put the screws to Bush, Rove and company?

Works for me. You reap what you sow.

10. I think that an injury is easier to forget than an insult and that you have a long memory and an easily bruised ego.

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Yeah....and whatever side of the Iraq War issue you stand, it's clear that it wasn't Rove/Libby/Cheney outing Plame because they had an ax to grind against someone who disagreed with them. She was outed by a guy in the anti-war circle of the administration who simply loved to gossip.

Still don't see any rush by the media to correct or clarify the bashing of the administration over this issue.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That Washington Post is all over it. Not something you can easily "correct."

Draft saved Draft deleted