1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Armageddon at ESPN today

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by TigerVols, Oct 21, 2015.

1. clintrichardson

clintrichardson Active Member

If they're cutting that many, i wonder if it will be a general trimming. or if there are particular units at espn that could be either lopped off or severely wounded. could they decide to say, de-emphasize the magazine and concentrate a bunch of hits in there?

2. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I didn't know we were trying to out posters on here. Good to know that the rules have changed.

3. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

If they keep paying billions for rights to everything under the sun, yes. They will be the only major option for watching live sports.

With the way rights fees have gone bananas over the past 20 years, you wonder if there's a point where even a massive operation like Disney says "no more."

4. TGO157

TGO157 Active Member

So I guess we shouldn't expect more Jackson State University coverage from ESPN?

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Calm down.

YorksArcades and Mr. Sunshine like this.
  6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I disagree

7. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Wonder if Linda Cohen will get the axe? Whenever I see her I think of Ricky Williams.

8. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Could they also sell the magazine and maintain the branding on it but outside of synergetic ventures scale back significantly on their editorial contribution?

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

They can reduce the cuts if they just get rid of Berman. Problem solved.

10. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

I know. I was just making light of my own gluttonous behavior.

11. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Have a friend/ former co-worker who's an editor there. He also had a kid within the last year. Wish the best for all affected.

12. YorksArcades

YorksArcades Active Member

Who's that? I've never heard of that person.

Liut likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted