1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Arm ... It's what's for dinner (Now with less arm-in-mouth art)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by beefncheddar, Jul 18, 2007.

1. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,289803,00.html

A Taiwanese veterinarian talked this week about the irony of having a crocodile that refused to eat for six months bite off his arm last April.

Thirty-eight-year-old veterinarian Chang Po-Yu was treating Chu-Chu for its hunger strike when the sedated crocodile awoke and seemingly regained its appetite, clamping onto Chang's arm, according to a report on News.com.au.

Still in the hospital and heavily bandaged, Chang was interviewed by The Daily Telegraph this week. Referring to the crocodile, he said, "He hadn't eaten for six months. I just wish he hadn't decided to end his fast by trying to eat me."

NOTE: I pulled the photo from the post, but it's there in big ol' living color on the Fox site.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Re: Arm ... It's what's for dinner (Warning: Graphic)

Jeebus... how about a link instead to the pic?

3. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

OK.

Though, in my defense, I did throw a warning on it.

4. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/opinions/cartoonsandvideos/toles_main.html?name=Toles&date=07172007

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Just checked out the photos and those are disgusting.

6. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

7. KP

KP Active Member

I love the pic with the croc having the arm in his mouth, yet he has three darts sticking him.

That is amazing and great to see they were able to reattach it because the croc was more interested in a photo op than lunch for the first time in a while.

Draft saved Draft deleted