1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Arkansas fans have to be insane

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JayFarrar, Mar 18, 2009.

1. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Anybody who has been to an Arkansas football game knows the fans are insane and they will probably get the asking price for tickets.

2. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

Actually the A&M prices (the same) came out earlier.

And they're insane, yeah. Just two decent tickets for Hog faithful, gas, meals, parking and a hotel for even one night, plus whatever concessions might stiff you for, I can't even figure how much that adds up to.

3. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

Well played, Angola. On the Nutt front, and particularly on the Dom front.

For those wondering, that's where the bottle of Dom Perignon was buried for Costner, Robards, Judd Nelson and the big guy who played Dorfman (plus the dude who was passed out almost the whole flick) in the immortal "Fandango." Their quest was to drive to the border from Austin to take a swig of it, and throw it in the river.

Johnny Dangerously got me a homemade DVD of it a couple years back. Really, really good, with good use of Pat Metheny in the final couple scenes.

A coming of age movie with almost as many laughs as "Diner."

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I'm going to DOM rock before I get married in June. Me and a couple of buddies are going to roll down to Terlingua and bring a lot of beer and visit some of the places from the movie.

I love that flick.

I'm still hopeful the guy in my avatar can convince his future wife to get married in the town park in San Elizario. That would be awesome.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

If it involves Jerry Jones, of course it isn't realistic.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Aren't all sports fans insane when it comes to paying extortion (in the form of PSLs or college "donations") before we can even buy the tickets themselves?

7. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Basically. My parents bought season tickets to our college team a few years back and after the first year and in addition to paying $250 per seat, they had to donate $200 to the scholarship fund. The highest "donation" (read: highway robbery) was $1,000 a pop.

And does Texas A&M remember last season? Their fans can't be happy about paying that much to go see a team that was third-best in the state last season.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Not to mention a team that got punked by a bunch of Razorback rejects from Jonesboro. (Wazzup?)

9. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

um, a little high

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Welcome to the wonderful world of NFL parking.

My greatest achievement last year was talking my way into the Heinz Field media lot without a pass for a Steelers game I covered.

It saved me at least $35, unless I wanted to park on Mt. Washington, hop the incline, and swim through the confluence.

11. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

It will be interesting to see what sort of prices the market can bear in this economy.

I mean really: take the family to a game on Saturday or pay the mortgage.

12. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Those teams were awful last year. And to watch it, off-campus, in an NFL stadium. No atmosphere. The only reason to watch Arkansas or A&M is to experience the 'setting'.

Texas A&M the third-best team in state?

Texas, Texas Tech, Baylor, Texas Christian... Rice last year? Houston last year?

At the very best, fifth in the state. They could have been sixth or seventh.

Fraud Sherman will wreck that program by the time the Franchione Buy Out Crew has enough money to realize what they're doing. I still cannot believe THAT guy got the A&M job. Maybe it just shows how fall A&M has fallen from where it was 20 years, at least on a national perspective.

Draft saved Draft deleted