1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ark photog cuffed doing his job

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by SockPuppet, Dec 12, 2007.

1. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

Check this out:
    http://www.nwaonline.net/articles/2007/12/11/news/121207lrreporterarrest1st.txt

2. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

Wow.

rb

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Nice cop.

Shooter could use an editor, though.

4. Once again with stories of this ilk, some of the comments below the story are terrifying.

5. NX

NX Member

A few years ago, I had a state trooper tear me a new one for "compromising" his accident scene when I was sent to take some photos at the site of a fatal car wreck. He calmed down a little after I had a chance to tell him I was with a newspaper, but he still forced me to keep a distance that assured I wouldn't come back with any photos worth anything. Now I'm thankful it never went this far. My editor did call the local headquarters about it, though.

6. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Those comments are insane.

7. markvid

markvid Guest

Having lived 59 years, battled cancer, worn the country's uniform for 26 years...

And that has WHAT to do with this?
    Don't play the victim, just let the facts play out.

8. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly.

9. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

I think in this case, the photog wanted to establish himself as something other than 20-something rabble rouser, pot-smoking hippie type photog who has no respect for "pigs."

10. markvid

markvid Guest

And the premise won't change if it is the person you describe above.
    Cancer survivor? Who cares when it involves this case?

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yeah, that was 35 years ago.

12. I think he pointed to the cancer to explain why he may have been fidgety while he stood by the car in handcuffs, though I agree, it could have been written better. As it was, it sounds like complaining, and that's unfortunate.

Draft saved Draft deleted