1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Arizona Cardinals hire Whisenhunt

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ondeadline, Jan 14, 2007.

1. ondeadline

ondeadline Active Member

Just in from AP:

So, they're not hiring him as their old coach? Sorry, just hate throwing in the word "new" when it isn't needed.

So, what do the Steelers do now?
  2. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

That is a terrific hire for the Arizona Cardinals. He will have a lot of offensive weapon to work with and will be able to make that offense similar to the "fastest thing on turf" teams of the St. Louis Rams. The Cardinals should spend some draft picks on offensive linemen and defensive backs.
  3. WSKY

WSKY Member

They won't, the Cardinals will draft some top skill players and suck again next season.
  4. joe king

joe king Active Member

This sucks. I really like Whisenhunt, and working for that two-bit, third-rate organization ... Well, it's two years of his life he'll never get back. Not to mention 20 losses on his career record. I can't imagine he would have taken this gig if he had been the Steelers' first choice.
  5. markvid

markvid Guest

And Rob Pratte of KDKA in Pittsburgh EXCLUSIVELY REPORTED FIRST ON PITTSBURGH RADIO that Fox Sports was reporting Whisenhunt had been hired by the Steelers.
    Why that man still has a job is beyond me.
  6. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

Here's my questions...

•So why was there this report if Grimm would to be hired as the Steelers "new" head coach, Wisenhunt would stay on and vice versa?
    •Does this mean Grimm becomes the head coach?
    •Why did Cowher bring up Chan Gailey?
    •Is this what the Steelers wanted?
    •Where's Oz?
    •Do chickens have large talons?
  7. Chef

Chef Active Member

Cannot believe Art and Dan let Whisenhunt get out of Pittsburgh.

5:3 says Gailey is introduced within the week.
  8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Chan Gailey? Really? Because he's done what?
  9. joe king

joe king Active Member

Been recommended by Cowher?
  10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That would be a truly awful choice.
  11. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

If the Steelers hire Chan Gaily I predict they would have 7 years of terrible seasons.
  12. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I can't imagine Gailey getting that job. And I'm baffled as to why the Dolphins have called him back for a second interview.
Draft saved Draft deleted