1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Arianna Huffington

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HejiraHenry, Nov 8, 2006.

1. The answer to HH's question is, of course, yes.

2. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I had people in relative stiches here tonight, imitating Larry King:

"C'mon Arianna, sing along with me ...
    'Greeeeen Acres is the place to beeeeee ...' "

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

HH, I'm curious as to your thoughts on this evening (seriously, that's not a passive-aggressive tact).

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

1-900-Arianna? :eek:

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Trying to make Angelina jealous, are you?

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

She needs to know she'll lose me if she keeps hanging out with that looser, Mr. Pitt :D

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Tell her you adopted a cat. She likes those adoptions.

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Ooooo. I should. Great idea, Dools!

9. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

I'd rather fuck the new gov in Alaska....

[​IMG]

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Pull her hair down and stick a scar on her face, and she's Tina Fey.

11. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

As long as I can put her on her new desk and keep her legs in the air, I don't care if her hair is down or she has a scar

12. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I'm happy. I hired a new desk guy who started tonight and he did a good job. Pulls a major fucking thorn out of my paw.

The elections? Eh, not so much.

Personally, I think two years of Speaker Pelosi will be energizing for the Republican Party. I think it will be relatively easy to take back the House in two years -- Do you really think Tom Delay and Mark Foley's old districts suddenly got all blue? Nah, just a punishment thing. I can understand that.

Glad Chaffee is gone -- if this had been a 50-50 Senate, he would have probably gone all Jeffords on us.

Disappointed, really, that Harold Ford Jr. (and Michael Steele, too) lost.

Glad to see that, at best, the Kos Kids went 1-for-3 -- losing the one that really mattered to them, in Connecticut.

Glad to see George Allen off the table as a national candidate. Knucklehead.

(BTW, if you had told me before this fall that I could take Mark Warner off the table as a Democratic national candidate and all it was going to cost me was taking Allen off the table, I would have made that deal in a second. And you'll throw in John Kerry for free? Hmmmm, I'll have to think about that.)

The Big Picture item, from my standpoint, is that the Democrats had to run more conservative-sounding candidates in order to win in most situations. Actually more conservative? We'll see. That had to be the first step in becoming a mainstream party again. And one night, as much fun as it has been for them, doesn't accomplish that.

To the contrary, the election of these more moderate Democrats has the effect of pushing to the forefront some of the most liberal Dems who are in leadership positions. There's a disconnect there that will have to be reconciled at some point. Probably in the 2008 primary smackdown.

Folks are tired of the war. The English were exhausted at the end of World War II -- voted out Churchill. Truman, who won the freaking war, was largely reviled by the end of his full term.

Folks are tired of the war, but the real war has barely begun.

The surrender monkeys are ascendant for a brief moment. We'll hope for the best.

Draft saved Draft deleted