1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Arguing about sports

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by mustangj17, Aug 11, 2009.

1. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

I don't mind arguing sports as long as the conversation is logical. What I hate is when the Jayhawks lose, getting emails, phone calls and texts from my non-Jayhawk buddies who like to rub it in. When Kansas lost to K-State in Bramlage for the first time ever, I had two phone calls minutes after the game from K-Staters laughing and saying, "KU sucks! KU sucks!"

I'm sure the same buffoons had already dialed my number and were ready to hit the "talk" button a couple months later, but they probably threw their phones in frustration when Chalmers hit the 3.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

OK, you quoted yourself, which was either intentional, or gross fucking incompetence, like blowing a lead to East Carolina and losing on a Reverse Beamer Ball.

Which one is it, dude?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Oh, it was intentional.

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Wanna start an argument? Huh? Huh? :)

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

One of the things I love about sports is sharing a rooting interest with people I might disagree with about 98 percent of the time. And maybe having opposite views with someone I might agree with 98 percent of the time.
    I really enjoy agreeing with people on the sports board that I might disagree with on the politics board - and vice versa.

7. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

8. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Why, yes, this is exactly what I do. ;)

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

No. I just curse a lot and pound the bar and wish death on whomever caused the loss. For a good three hours.

10. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Yeah, when this happened (and when we beat them in Allen in 2005), I called my mom and we screamed on the phone for about five minutes, and then I called every other K-State fan I had in my phone book. Usually, I'm more of the celebratory person than the person who likes to rub it in.

My KU friends appreciate that and I've rarely heard anything out of them (aside from the aforementioned person) when they beat us. What goes around comes around and if you're going to be a dick and rub it in, expect to get it back when you're ass is getting killed.

And yes, Sonner, I am a redhead. My family is full of them. It's a good thing we're all K-State fans (with the exception of one branch of cousins that we don't see often) or we would have had some ritual killings already.

11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

On the contrary, that made me laugh.

12. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Then why aren't you a big Michigan State fan?

It's not like the Spartans are terrible. Lot to support there. And it's not like you went to some directional school and had to choose the Wolverines to keep college sports interesting.

Draft saved Draft deleted