1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Argo's QB hauled off

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by micropolitan guy, Jul 22, 2006.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Toronto QB Spergon Wynn hauled off in an ambulance after getting blown up on a two-man sack against Saskatchewan. Looks serious, but they didn't have any solid info yet. Eric Crouch now at QB.

SportsJournalists.com favorite Elliotte Friedman with the sideline reports.

2. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

There, I fixed it for you.

Seriously, I hope the dude is OK.

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

So Crouch can cut it at QB in the CFL but not for the Rams? [/bitterramsfan]

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

So the Rams can play in St. Louis and not L.A.? [/bitter and jilted L.A. Rams fan]

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Speaking of the Argos, Ricky Williams broke his arm during the game.

6. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

You know, I feel really bad for the QB and all, but reading that Eric Crouch is a back-up QB in the CFL made me laugh out loud.

7. leo1

leo1 Active Member

speaking of the argos, i can't understand why their coach is always referred to as mike 'pinball' clemons, at least here in the american media that i read. wtf is that? i realize it's his nickname but don't almost all athletes have nicknames? is he known as just 'pinball clemons' to you canadians? you never see gretzky as "wayne 'the great one' gretzky" or ripken as "cal 'iron man' ripken"

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Ricky Williams report: Broken arm.

http://www.cfl.ca/index.php?module=newser&func=display&nid=10005

9. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Actually, just "Pinball" will suffice.  You rarely hear him referred to as Mike Clemons up here, especially in the Toronto area. 

Re:  Eric Crouch.  He's actually only the Argos' third stringer when Damon Allen (Marcus' brother) and Spurgeon Wynn are healthy.  But he's been the backup since the opener when Allen broke a finger.

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Does this make the Argos the East Rutherford Jets of the CFL?

11. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

You mean a nebraska option quarterback couldn't do shit in the NFL? [/sarcasm]

12. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Hey, you've got the Raiders. ::)

Draft saved Draft deleted