1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Aretha Franklin

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Aug 13, 2018.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Damn it.

3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Such an amazing talent. Seems to have been in declining health for awhile now. I know there were a couple of newsroom nights when people were getting it set up.

Seems like this time will be it. Very sad. But what a legacy.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I kind of wanted to celebrate her while she's still around and send some good vibes and R-E-S-P-E-C-T her way.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

One of the signature voices of American music history. I hear Respect and I am back in my 16-year old self until the song ends. I remember everything about being young. There are other songs like that, but it's so vivid with her voice.

6. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

She could act as well.

I wonder what the reaction would be if a young Franklin would show up on the steps of America's Got Talent. Would they just pull her aside and say she couldn't be in it because she is just too good and Simon signs her on the spot?

7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

That clip proves why Matt "Actor" Murphy wasn't a close second choice.

Jake_Taylor likes this.
  8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Damn only 76 too. Strong reminder of my youth as well; one of the fun duets was "Freeway of Love" with George Michael (One of my few cassette "singles" that I bought)

9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I think you are mixing up your "Freeway of Love" with your "I Knew You Were Waiting". Both great songs

10. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Frontrunner for the title of Most Soulful Song Ever.

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

< or> Whitney Houston.

12. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

It's like she's already gone with all the obit-like retrospectives floating around in the news. It'll be almost an anticlimax when she passes.

Draft saved Draft deleted